Tuesday, July 17, 2012

92 YEAR-OLD NEEDS COSMETIC WORK

    
We got word the other day from our landlord on Prince Street that the facade of Birdbath at Vesuvio's will be painted this week. This is an oy moment in the realm of storefront restoration. How to match that one-of-a-kind Vesuvio's green? How not to alter [the most gentle word I can use] a time-worn, iconic landmark?

Fingers are crossed. Toes, too. The work is needed, no question, but still I wonder and worry. Nailing down that exact color, tone and quirky green personality feels like long odds. 

I'm also sad the graffiti on the door that I left in place when we took over the space will disappear. Here's to you Asmacs..Yotes. It was a good run. 

p.s. An open call to artists and designers: what's your Pantone number on this?
                                                                                                      

                                                                                                 

2 comments:

  1. This is REALLY hard, but my best guess is it's somewhere in the range of 279-4 C to 279-2 C. I have no idea how that translates to paint, but Pantone would.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going with Pantone PMS 354. Or in paint, Benjamin Moore Fresh Scent Green...
    http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/paint-color/freshscentgreen

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete